Winston!

Winston!
The many faces of Winston

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Did You Hear That?

I was a little worried that Winston might be suffering from hearing loss. He doesn't always come when I call him. Stupid me. I'm using English and Winston is still expecting me to talk in dog. There is nothing wrong with Winston's hearing, not at all. Yesterday he proved it.

We have a metal jar that sits on the kitchen counter and is always filled with doggie treats (thanks, mom). The lid makes a distinctive metal ring when it is removed from the jar. There is nothing else in the kitchen that makes that sound.

It was treat time yesterday and Winston was playing quietly under the kitchen table. I was out of Winston's sight when I removed the lid. Before I could reach in to grab a treat, Winston had bounded from the table to my feet and was looking up at me expectantly for his treat. Hmmm, we have a little chow hound who hears everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment